Information about Faba e.V. in accordance with the voluntary commitment of Initiative Transparente Zivilgesellschaft:
1. Name, registered office, address and year of foundation
– Name: Faba e.V. („Faba Konzepte“ as alias)
– Registered office and address: see legal notice
– Year of foundation: 2022
2. Complete statutes as well as information about the goals of our organization
– Statutes: statutes of the association of November 15, 2022
– Details of the objectives: We pursue the non-profit goals of education, environmental and climate protection, and animal welfare. We explain our vision and mission here.
3. Information about tax privileges
Our work is recognized as charitable because of the promotion of the purposes of education, popular and vocational training (§ 52 para 2 sentence 1 No. 7 AO), environmental protection including climate protection (§ 52 para 2 sentence 1 No. 8 AO) and animal welfare (§ 52 para 2 sentence 1 No. 14 AO) according to the last assessment notice we received from the Kassel tax office (tax number 26 250 5012 4) dated 30.01.2023.
4. Name and function of key decision-makers
Board of Directors: Friederike Schmitz and Jan-Frederic Markert
5. Activity report
Faba e.V. was founded in November 2022. On January 25, 2023, the association was entered in the register of associations at Kassel Local Court, and on January 30, 2023, it was recognized as a non-profit organization by the Kassel tax office. By means of a start-up financing by the Bastet Foundation Hamburg, three persons were employed in a socially insured employment relationship as of April respectively May 2023. The first project is the conference “Tierzahlen runter, und zwar gerecht!” from November 17 to 19, 2023 in Berlin.
6. Personnel structure
The staff consists of three full-time employees: Friederike Schmitz, Jan-Frederic Markert, Tanja Niggemeier and Theresa Schneider.
7. Information on the source of funds
Since the beginning of 2023, the association has received start-up funding from the Bastet Foundation Hamburg. In addition, the association is financed by private donations and project funding from institutional sponsors.
8. Information on the use of funds
A large part of the funds are used for personnel costs. Larger expenditures were made for legal and strategic consultations, the design of our external appearance and the implementation of our website. Furthermore, larger expenditures are associated with the implementation of the conference “Tierzahlen runter, und zwar gerecht!” from November 17 to 19, 2023 in Berlin. A detailed breakdown of the use of funds will be provided with the first annual report in early 2024.
9. Corporate legal affiliation with third parties
We have no corporate legal affiliation with third parties.
10. Names of persons whose annual payments represent more than 10% of the total annual budget.
2023: Bastet Stiftung Hamburg.